Wednesday, October 24, 2007

On our own in Jamaica


Graduation 2005 meant exciting things would be waiting just around the corner.
I had just turned 18, gotten a new car, and been accepted to a university in the city.
Too me it seemed life couldn't be sweeter.
The equation of these events all added up to equal freedom in my book but they were missing something... TRAVEL
I had traveled many places with my parents before, but this would be the first trip for me to attempt on my own.
I thought about many options but after talking with my boyfriend for a bit we decided on Negril, Jamaica.
I had been there once before but he had not.
It seemed like a great place to go because I was already somewhat aware of what to expect and I thought since I had been there before it would make it easier for us to navigate since it was our first solo trip.

Two days after graduation we boarded a plane for Jamaica (with a quick connection flight in Miami) and we were on our way.

I remember feeling a little worried as the plane started its descent into Montego Bay.
The tiny airport seemed as if it didn't have enough of a runway for the plane to land properly at first but somehow the pilot managed it and we made it safely to the gate.

At this point I was thinking, "Not too bad. We've made it! It'll be easy from here on out..."
However... as is usually the case we had much to learn. Luckily for us, Jamaica was a beautiful place to start.










No comments: