Thursday, September 9, 2010

My to do list...

I'd love to live in a bunch of different places but one thing I would really miss if my husband and I moved away would be how close we are to our family...
Our parents are less than 30 minutes away, my grandparents, aunt, uncle, and cousins (when they are in town from college) live less than an hour away and my family in New Orleans (I LUV LUV LUV NOLA!!!) are only a 6 hour drive from mi casa.
They are awesome people! Its great having them near by, and I love hanging out with everyone BUT I'm getting a little tired of the big B question coming up when I meet up with certain members of my family that shale remain nameless ( YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!).
The answer to the baby question is my husband and I are not ready for one yet.
We want one eventually, but not now.
We would both like to be more settled in our professional lives first as well as have accomplished a few more things...
For me, these few extra accomplishments I need to complete before becoming a hot mama are as follows:


#1

This awesome event is probably one of the best food fights you can attend anywhere...ever!
The festival is held on the last Wednesday of August each year in the town of Bunol in Valencia, Spain. During the festival ten metric tons of over-ripe tomatoes are thrown in the streets in exactly one hour.
It's a huge mess!!!
It's fun!!!
I WANT TO GO!!!
..but its also a bit of a huge zesty moshpit and therefore can be a bit dangerous... When you have kids you now have a little person that depends on you to return from zesty moshpits of doom so this is something that will need to be done before all of that responsibility.



#2

This just looks fun to me, but my reasoning for wanting to get it done before kids goes back to my previous comment on having a mini-me depending on my ability to land on my feet.



#3
AN EPIC BIKE RIDE

My husband and I love to cycle and a few years ago we participated in the MS150 riding our bikes 180miles from Houston to Austin.
It was an amazing experience that we would love to do again, but I'd also love to do a two, three, or even six week bike ride.
There are a few I've been looking at via www.tourdafrique.com. Some of their rides include a ride from Istanbul to Samarkand, a ride from Key West to Anchorage, and a "Mediterranean Circuit" which is basically a ride that loops around the entire Mediterranean Sea.
This is one goal that I could maybe do after kids, but I would need to wait for them to be old enough to leave alone, etc, etc and who knows how busy I'll be with work in the future. Thus, an epic bike ride has made it to my pre-baby to-do list.

SO, this is my answer to the when will we start making some great grandbabies.

They'll get here eventually... for now we'll stick to making memories.
:-)



No comments: