Thursday, December 2, 2010

Do one thing everyday that scares you...

I have been trying to upload this video for days and today I was finally able to upload the video of the elephant adventure I went on last weekend.  WOOT

The title of this post is not to say that the elephant ride was scary (I’ve done many an elephant ride before including one in Cambodia), but hesitations about hoping on were there since the majority of the line was filled with Children.

At 20something my friends and I were still worried about looking like a bunch of dorks, lol

This brought to mind a fantastic quote from Eleanor Roosevelt, “Do one thing every day that scares you.”

Learning not to be embarrassed by yourself and taking risks takes practice. If you always play it safe and worry about what others might think you can start to become quite an introverted and boring person.

I’m glad we ultimately sucked it up and got in the line full of munchkins… We would have missed an amazing end to an already fun filled day had we not.

Just a reminder to get out there and be your crazy selves today and always!



No comments: