Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Big D Climb


On a whim, my cousin and I decided to sign up for the Big D Climb, a 52 flight stair climb up the steps of Fountain Place in Downtown Dallas to help raise funds for blood cancer research.


If you’d like more information on the climb you can go to www.bigdclimb.com or visit our team fundraising website for The Bad Astronauts… My cousin came up with the name.  :-)

I’ve not been to the gym as often as I should to prepare for this, so, in an effort to continue working off the excess holiday junk food I was consuming last month and to get ready for the Big D Climb I've started going regularly to my local gym.  

Never one to shy away from new experiences, to keep me motivated I picked a new activity and signed up for a few yoga classes.

I tried yoga once in college but couldn’t keep up, hurt my wrist, got frustrated, and never went back…

Although my first attempt at yoga didn’t go so well, a lot of time has passed since then and I’m sure I’m much more coordinated now… or at least I hope I am. :-)

There are tons of different styles and levels of yoga so I’m certain after a few classes I’ll find a style that I enjoy.

I’d love to be able to do acrobatic yoga like these awesome people but unfortunately they don’t offer this class at the YMCA, haha.


Maybe I’ll just have to throw in a few of my own tricks…



... AND for those of you that don't think yoga can help with going up and down stairs I beg to differ...


Wish me luck!

No comments: