Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Baw-stuhn, Bos-tuhn, Bah-stun

Sometimes weekends are just too short...

DH had a business trip scheduled to Boston for this week. He had invited me to tag along however after looking at the price of tickets and my work schedule I decided that it would be best for me to stay behind.

Then, in a moment of online deal awesomeness, I found a ticket via US Airways for super cheap and jetted over for the weekend.

It was 20ish Fahrenheit outside with a windchill that made it even cooler and my time there was short, but the weekend was pretty fantastic just the same.

I was nowhere near being able to see everything that Boston has to offer but I still enjoyed my trip.
Hopefully I'll be able to make it back soon... and maybe when the weather is a little warmer as well.

On another fun note, Texas legend Kinky Freedman was in town kicking off his discomfort tour at Dosey Doe the Wednesday before we left.
He was absurd, eccentric, and entertaining all at once. 
I was hoping that perhaps we would announce another run for the title of Texas governor but alas, all he had to promote was his new Man in Black Tequila.
(image from Tales Of The Still)

Oh well, at least I got a good gift idea for DH :-p

Happy belated Heart Day everyone!

P.S. Google, you really made me smile yesterday!






No comments: